When I got an invite from TGI Kairos Resort to visit their property in Yelagiri, I absolutely had no reason to decline it. Wonder why? Firstly because it was a hill station just 160 kilometers from Bangalore and then I was getting to stay in one of the best resorts there. Yes, you can say I was lucky.
How do you plan a quick weekend trip? Is it based on the destination, the resort or the driving distance from Bangalore. For many of us who are completely occupied with work throughout the week are always looking for an escape out of the crowded Bangalore. Yelagiri a lesser known hill station in our neighboring state Tamil Nadu will come to your rescue. It is rich in history and natural beauty. One can easily plan a trip to Yelagiri or just go on an impromptu weekend road trip.
Distance from Bangalore: 160 kilometers
Route: Hosur Road – Krishnagiri – Take Chennai Highway – Tirupattur – Yelagiri
How to Reach: Best way is to drive as there are no direct buses or trains to this small hill station. The next option would be to take a train from Bangalore to nearest railway station – Jolarpettai. There are many trains that run every day. From Jolarpettai you can take an auto, shared taxi or bus. I travelled in train and was picked up by TGI Kairos Resort manager from the station. From Jolarpettai it takes around 45 minutes to reach Yelagiri hills crossing around 14 hair pin bends. The drive up and down was exciting due to the many hair pin bends in a short distance accompanied by troops of monkeys on road who could even cause a jam. You can stop at a place or two during the drive to catch up with nature and admire the beauty of the surroundings
Duration: Recommend 1 Night 2 days
Where to Stay: TGI Kairos
Places of Interest: There is nothing much to do in Yelagiri as it’s a small hill station, however I have mentioned some places of interest in Yelagiri.
- Punganoor Lake: This is an artificial lake with garden. As an activity you can go for boating either by taking a self-pedal boat or on a rowing boat.
- Nature Park: Bang opposite to Punganoor lake, this park is spread across 12 acres.
- Jalagamparai Waterfalls: The direct route from Yelagiri to the falls is closed. One has to drive down the Yelagiri hills to walk up to this falls. During summer the waterfalls dry up.
- Fundera Park: Kids will love this park for the varieties of birds. You can feed the birds and they won’t shy away from perching on your hands, shoulders or neck. There is a small 7D theatre inside. Entry fee for adult inr 300.
- Swami Malai Hills: Hike up for sunrise. Easy climb of about an hour one way.
TGI Kairos Yelagiri – Experience
TGI Hotels is a chain of hotels and resorts in India. TGI Kairos in Yelairi is spread across 5 acres far away from the town. As we entered the resort we got a warm welcome and were served fresh passion fruit juice that was quite refreshing.
Premium Rooms: For next three days we stayed in Premium rooms that had a balcony overlooking the garden & hills. It was like a home away from home in a perfect hideout.
Garden Villas: There are three luxurious Garden Villas that are spacious and can accommodate large families or group of friends. All the villas have a spacious living room, three bedrooms, Kitchenette, two balconies, a sit out and an open terrace.
Food: They have a limited menu with Indian & Chinese cuisine. The chef does a brilliant job with the plating. Indian breakfast is served every morning which is included in the room rates. I bet they make the best chutneys in the whole world. For lunch & dinner I asked the manager to suggest few authentic dishes. Food was cooked fresh and was rich in flavours. If I have to answer what I miss the most about TGI Kairos, without any slightest doubt it definitely is the food. May be I didn’t expect much or may be the food was really that delicious.
- Kids Play Area
- Games: Outdoors – Playground for Cricket. Indoors – Carom & Chess.
- Bonfire: Will be arranged on weekends or on request.
- Swimming Pool: Good news to all the guests, soon there will be a swimming pool in the property.
Staff: I wouldn’t do justice to this post if I don’t mention the resort manager Satheesh & his small team running the resort. Satheesh is a person who goes extra mile to provide everything for the guests. The staff are extremely courteous and friendly. This exactly is the kind of hospitality we look for today.
This small hill station is a perfect hideout to curl up with a book, eat freshly cooked food & do nothing.
One of the mornings, after a leisurely breakfast we stepped out of the resort.
How do I rate?
- Food: 4/5
- Rooms: 4/5
- Staff: 5/5
- Activities: 3/5
- Value for money: 5/5
- Overall: 4.5 /5
- There is no intercom/phone in the room. But the resort manager is a call away. Feel free to reach out to him.
- Pre-order your food as everything is cooked fresh and might take some time to be served.
Spend some quality time with family or friends In TGI Kairos Resort, relaxing and trying to be one with nature, away from the chaos & pollution.
WATCH OUR SHORT VIDEO OF THE TRIP
Follow Loading Miles on Facebook |Instagram | Youtube | Twitter for more travel posts, stunning pictures and some travelling hacks. You can get email alerts on our new posts by Subscribing. Just drop in your email address.